The Internet of Things is big. Rates of adoption are accelerating, and security will be a critical enabler. We are establishing SecureRF as a leading developer of post-quantum security solutions for the Internet of Things and is looking people to join our team.
We were recently named one of The Top 10 Most Influential Internet of Things (IoT) Companies by Forbes and one of SINET’s Top 16 Emerging Cybersecurity Companies. Our post-quantum security solutions won a 2017 ARM TechCon award for the Best Contribution to IoT Security and The Linley Group’s 2017 “Best Technology” Award.
Our breakthroughs in authentication and data protection are being applied to low-resource processors, embedded devices, and other IoT devices using a wide range of wired and wireless protocols.
As we bring our secure products to market and develop new security and sensor solutions, we are always looking to connect with people who are excited about combining their interests in security, hardware and software. (Sorry, we don’t work with recruiters.)
Updated January 29, 2018
At this time we only have an intern position open, but if your technical background mixes security or cryptography with embedded systems, please feel free to submit your resume for future consideration. Email us at Jobs @ SecureRF.com (remove the spaces).
Embedded Software Developer Intern - Paid
SecureRF is looking for an embedded software developer intern to work with our team in our Shelton, CT office in the summer of 2018. The intern will utilize their C and Assembly language experience to port the company’s digital signature and key agreement protocol algorithms to various 8, 16, and 32-bit embedded processors with the goal of obtaining the fastest run-time possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Convert our existing C and Assembly language reference implementations to processors and/or development boards that we have not yet worked with.
- Perform software development in a GNU GCC environment and in various Integrated Development Environments (e.g. Keil, IAR, Code Composer Studio, TrueStudio, etc.) running under Windows or Linux.
- Provide written reports and summaries of projects and tasks
- Perform other development duties as necessary
Requirements: (Education, training, skills etc.)
- Student majoring in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Engineering or Math currently enrolled in a four-year college or university. Junior preferred.
- Experience programming in C is mandatory. Experience programming in Assembly language for at least one processor architecture is highly desirable.
- Experience working with a microprocessor development board is highly desirable.
- Experience compiling, downloading, and debugging software on an embedded processor desirable.
- Exposure to cryptographic algorithms and protocols helpful.
- Curiosity, strong desire to learn and professional drive.
- Must work in a minimum supervision environment, alone or within a team. Must be self-motivated.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States and eligible to apply for U.S. Secret Clearance. Encryption products are subject to export control regulations related to foreign nationals.
This is a paid position. During the summer of 2018, the intern will be on-site at the Shelton, CT headquarters for approximately 40 hours per week.
SecureRF is headquartered in Shelton, CT with a sales office in San Jose, CA. The Shelton office complex has exercise facilities, restaurants, farmer’s market, daycare, and more.
We offer benefits to full-time employees which include paid time off and holidays, health insurance contributions and a 401K retirement plan. The company also invests in training for its employees to keep their skills current.
If you have a strong background and feel you would be a good fit with our team, please email your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources department at Jobs @ SecureRF.com (remove the spaces) and put the job title in the subject line.
Due to our customers and the cryptographic nature of our work, our technical positions require that you be eligible to obtain United States Security Clearance. During the clearance application process the U.S. State Department does a thorough background check and looks for loyalty to the United States (unless an extraordinary situation, this is shown by being a U.S. citizen). See http://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm for more details.
Equal Opportunity Employer. No Recruiters please.